The SOTOGAB is a part of the Wake Forest University Athletic Department and Music Department and our members have various levels of musical background. Through the desire to achieve excellence and hard work, there is a place for everyone who wants to be a part of The Spirit of the Old Gold and Black.
Participation in the SOTOGAB is much more than being a part of tradition. Participation in the SOTOGAB provides many opportunities for members:
- Free Admission and great seats to all athletic events including bowl games, ACC, and NCAA tournaments.
- Food and room expenses paid for road trips
- Nationally televised athletic events
- Perform in front of large crowds at ACC and NCAA games
- Personal, Professional, and Leadership growth
- Early move-in to residence halls
- Stipends Junior and Senior year
- Scholarship opportunities
- Become part of a lifelong family
The Spirit of the Old Gold and Black is one of the best things you can do at Wake Forest. Freshman year is the best time to get started in the SOTOGAB and we need YOU! You will not regret your time in the SOTOGAB and will have memories to cherish once your career at Wake Forest comes to an end.
The SOTOGAB is accepting commitments for membership. Please fill out the online commitment form as soon as possible on our website http://wfumb.groups.wfu.edu/index.php . Click the page tab for “Future Deacs” and find the new member commitment form. We will send out all of the remaining details after you complete your commitment form.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call or email Dr. Bowen or Dr. Robinson at any time. As always, Go Deacs!
Dr. C. Kevin Bowen, Director of Bands
Dr. Brandon Robinson, Associate Director of Bands